Home » Bars, Beer

Doyle’s Sports Bar

Posted by DID 16 Jun 2011 7 Comments

Looking for a neighborhood bar with cheap beer, free pool, lots of TV’s and a friendly vibe? Then Doyle’s is for you. Hidden next to Piper’s Deli, just a block off University – Doyle’s is a laid-back sports bar and would be a great spot to catch a game.

Staring at a TV, nursing long-necks isn’t your thing? Doyle’s has five pool tables, a ping-pong table, dartboards, shuffleboard, foosball, bumper pool, a bunch of arcade games and a shoe shine stand. It seems shuffleboard and the arcade games are the only two that cost to play.

The bartenders are nice and the beer is cheap. Bonus: we’ve heard on some warm nights they wheel out the grill and cook up some communal grub.

Doyle’s is off-the-beaten path but worth seeking out.

Doyle’s Sports Bar
3219 Old Chapel Hill Rd # A
Durham, NC 27707-6232
(919) 419-9791
Mon – Sun:    4:00 pm-2:00 am

• Tooth said:

This place is my super-secret local hangout. Really friendly bartenders and clientele.

The first time I ever went there someone had ordered a stack of pizzas from Little Caesars and it was being offered up to everyone in the bar. Someone offered me a slice of the pie and when I politely declined, I think they were a bit miffed.

Definitely a chill place to hang out.

• Dee said:

Walking into Doyles feels a little like I imagine it would feel to walk into Cheers. I’ve watched a few basketball games there. I like being able to catch a game, grab a drink, and play pool or darts during halftime. I think additional seats for watching the games could really bring in more people.

• Tuffy said:

Everytime I have visited Durham, which is usually 3-4 times a year, I have visited Doyle’s. It is an absolutley fabulous place, perfect for after work or a weekend afternoon. It is full of friendly people, serves icey cold beer, and has a great atmosphere. If you are one of the few that are lucky enough to meet the namesake/owner Dave “Bubba” Doyle, you will be duly welcomed and truly entertained. BTW, this little corner bar does a VERY nice job supporting local charities such as Toys for Tots. Great people! Go visit this place.

• Jeremy said:

I LOVE this place. Went for the first time a few months ago and now it’s definitely my “go to” bar. Cheap drinks and free games, big TVs playing sports and super chill, especially when compared to the bro crowd at all of the popular school bars! This bar is a bar. A great place to hang out and enjoy a drink with friends!

• Ja-Quisha Frazier said:

This is a nice little spot to kick it at. I thought they would have a problem with me bringing in food, but to my surprise they didn’t! :)

• Jacqueline Harris said:

Very rude bartender there today told me it’s 8 dollars a hour to play pool been going to doyles for over three years never felt so unwanted to be in your establishment. Website clearly states free pool tables. When my friend and I walked in the stares from the Caucasian guest in your establishment was unkind as well as the bartender.

• michael kors watches for men reviews said:

michael kors watches for men reviews…

Doyle’s Sports Bar | Carpe Durham…