Home » Announcements, Events

Triangle Food Bloggers Bake Sale

Posted by TIF 25 Apr 2011 8 Comments

Triangle Food Bloggers Unite to Help End Childhood Hunger

On May 14, 2011, Johanna Kramer and Matt Lardie will host the Triangle’s first food bloggers bake sale to help end childhood hunger. As part of the Great American Bake Sale, food bloggers from across the country will hold bake sales in their respective states where all generated monies will be donated to Share our Strength, an organization that seeks to end childhood hunger by connecting youth with nutritious food.

The Food Blogger Bake Sale will unite 20 of the Triangle’s food bloggers. Each blogger will bake a savory or sweet item (vegan options available) that will be for sale to the public from 10am-1pm on May 14, 2011. Community members can purchase tickets and then exchange those tickets for baked goods. One ticket is $3 or four tickets for $10, with each ticket good for one baked item. The Triangle Food Blogger Bake Sale will be held at The Art Market at Vega Metals in Durham (214 Hunt Street between the downtown YMCA and the Farmers Market). For more information, please contact Johanna at Johanna.m.kramer@gmail.com.

• Mandy said:

Wish me luck, I think I will be bringing my family recipe Italian biscotte!

Mandy – Demandy.com

• TIF (author) said:

Good luck! I’ll be making a vegan treat! :D

• burgeoningfoodie said:

I’m not sure what I’m making yet, but it won’t be vegan (no offense) and it will have to endure the sun and stay fresh.

burgeoningfoodie replies on May 12th, 2011 at 4:32 pm:

Whoopie Pies it is.

• Matt said:

Thanks guys! I’m so excited!

• katherine andrew said:

Did you know there is a Share our Strength program right here in the Triangle that runs year round? Inter-Faith Food Shuttle runs the state’s only Cooking Matters program, a cuilnary-based nutrition education program for families and youth. Check out http://www.foodshuttle.org to get involved and support SOS locally – and THANK YOU for organizing such an awesome event!

• Johanna Kramer said:

Thanks, it’s going to be a fun day. Noguui from Sound Cartel will also be on site spinning some great music.

Katherine, thanks for posting the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle information, you guys do an amazing job.

• Mary C said:

What a great cause. I live in Europe and haven’t seen any fund raiser of a scale like this. Its giving me ideas for in preparation for the next summer to even start something like this at a community level. Will keep the thought alive in my Toshiba Canvio Plus. Thanks for the inspiring article.