Home » Bleg!

Bleg! Limeade in Durham

Posted by jglandwe 20 Jun 2008 8 Comments

If you know of a place (restaurant, food stand, your mother’s kitchen, I don’t care) in the Durham area that serves fresh-squeezed limeade, please do tell.

The only place I am aware of is in Raleigh.  Mitch’s Tavern has $1 limeade where they leave half a lime floating in your cup.  It is deliciously thirst-quenching, but only served certain months (I think summer).  If you know of others (preferably in Durham), please leave them in the comments.  Thanks from all limeade-lovers!

• Roger said:

Complete speculation here but could the new Ox & Rabbit be a suspect to quench this thirst?

• Brian said:

Goodberry’s (I think that’s what it’s called) on Roxboro Road beside the Chick-Fil-A and near the Lowe’s has a ‘Lime Rickey’ (without alcohol of course) which is pretty good I think and might do the trick.

• TSQ75 said:

um…safe to say you’re unable to combine Lime juice, water and sugar in a glass with ice? lol

• Wes said:

Katies Pretzels in Carr Mill Mall in Carborro

• andrea said:

Yes, Katie’s Pretzels in Carr Mill Mall in Carborro has fresh fruitades, and they are quite good.

• gskalski said:

I know I’ll probably be criticized for pointing out a nonlocal chain, but I have to say I love the limeade at Sonic. It’s half off between 2 and 4 p.m.

• kristin said:

I second the lime rickey at Goodberry’s. Really sweet but still crisp & refreshing with two fresh limes per drink. And I believe they’ll add raspberries, if you like!

• Tiffany said:

There’s a stall at the Raleigh Farmer’s Market that sells fresh squeezed (made to order right in front of you!) limeade, lemonade, orangeade or whatever mix you want. SO good. They’ll add maraschino cherries, too.