I have seen the top of the mountain. And it is good.

Posted by DNR 12 Jun 2008 7 Comments

Blue Mountain Catering (map)
Tuesday – Friday: 11.45 am – 2.30 pm

Five Points has its high points and low points, but in case that photo doesn’t tell you everything you need to know, Blue Mountain Catering is definitely one of the high points.  They do Southern/soul food catering and lunches, with lots of chicken and fried fish dishes and entrees.  There’s no pork or beef on the menu, and judging by the other dishes I saw and the indescribably good chicken and waffles, I’d be willing to bet that just about everything they offer is great.  Check out the menu on their website. They even do individual and family size dinners if you call ahead.  So look at that picture again and cancel your lunch plans for Tuesday.

• Paul Dudenhefer said:

Dear Carpe Durham,
    Thanks for the scoop on the Blue Mountain, but I’m confused: are they open for lunch?
    Paul Dudenhefer

• Chops said:

They are open for lunch. I am a big fan of their chicken and waffles.

• DNR said:

Only Tuesday – Friday, 11.45-2.30! Have you guys had anything else there?

• chonblanco said:

I really want to eat that.

• TLH said:

Are they accepting credit cards yet? I’ve always liked their food, but something in me never got used to patronizing a non-dive (ie $7 or less) lunch spot that doesn’t take plastic.

• DNR said:

Still cash-only. At least there’s a SunTrust basically next door.

• Blue Mountain Catering redux « Carpe Durham said:

[...] their chicken and waffles (obviously the greatest meal ever devised — see previous post here) wasn’t available, and won’t be available until October (I’ll update when [...]