Does anyone care about pudding? Or studying maybe?

Posted by YAR 9 Apr 2008 10 Comments

I’m very sorry if no one does.  But I’m going to keep going on the pudding track for just a while longer.  The banana pudding at Honey’s (2700 Guess Road) is quite good, if not one of my favorites.  I’m partial to puddings with more solid wafers; in this one, the wafers were almost totally dissolved into the pudding.  This made the pudding itself pretty delicious, and it was also airy-er than any of the others I’ve had, but I think I prefer it denser.

Honey’s is a good place to study.  The music is pleasantly innocuous (well, I kind of like oldies, maybe that’s weird), there is lots of coffee and unhealthy food but I don’t feel pressured to keep ordering, there is a smoking section (for the cool kids, not me), and it’s open 24 hours.  Mainly, they have wireless and at least a few outlets.

• TSQ75 said:

Yeah, I wish i was more drawn to Honey’s and Elmo’s, but for being the only “diners” in Durham, I swear they fall short…I will never understand the people that sing the praises of, and queue up endlessly for Either of them…but oh well.

I will say, when you hit it at the right time though, Honey’s is good and dead, and the coffee does keep coming. Every college town needs at least 1 24-hour joint.

do they actually have wi-fi?

Petey Pablo replies on November 18th, 2009 at 11:29 pm:

what about rick’s diner?

• carpedurham said:

I don’t understand why Elmo’s is so hot either.

Honey’s has wi-fi that works far better than the internet in the law school.

• TSQ75 said:

dayum.

• Ann Prospero said:

Try the banana pudding at Crook’s Corner in Chapel Hill. Amazing.

• Erin said:

If you are willing to trek to Chapel Hill, every Monday is free banana pudding night at Breadmen’s. (That was the case last time I was there, which wasn’t too recently).

• TSQ75 said:

at least 3 of my parties in the last couple of years have involved some sort of banana pudding face off between guests, or myself and guests…

must remember to invite to next one…lol

• TSQ75 said:

oHO!Wendy’s has Wi FI! now you’re set! lol

• Allen said:

I do like Elmo’s banana pudding. You know who has some of the best banana pudding? Hog Heaven BBQ!

• TW53 said:

Better late than never, but Wimpy’s has the other kind of banana pudding (scratch made, as near as I can tell) with nice meringue. I understand that this is not everyone’s favorite type, although I don’t understand why.