Home » Bakeries, Restaurants

Panaderia La Favorita!

Posted by YAR 4 Apr 2008 5 Comments

favorita.jpg

I always thought this bakery (2022 Chapel Hill Rd) looked cute from the outside, but never ventured inside during the year I lived 1/2 a block away from it.  Not sure what my problem is.   It is a really cute place with a large baked goods selection for cheap (these were $3.20):

favorita-food-1.jpg

Also, the woman there was very helpful, or tried to be, when I was staring at the large bakery display.  I know some Spanish but apparently I don’t know any baked good terms.  They also have dry cooking ingredients/spices that might interest someone who cooks, and they have pinatas.  Probably nothing you couldn’t find at Compare, but less overwhelming and with fewer cow heads.

• barry said:

That place was awesome when it was the Davis Bakery.

• Alex said:

A-ha! Finally something relevant to my life. Pan dulce makes me feel good inside. I want the one on the bottom right cause it looks like it’s probably filled with apples. Maybe we need to take a coffee break in the Mission. Awesome blogging, you are funny.

• Panaderia La Loma « Carpe Durham said:

[...] concha.  Not quite a Mexican cinnamon roll, but much better than the dry dinner roll taste of many conchas I’ve had (see bottom left of second [...]

• Stephanie Bernabe aka ANGEL said:

my dad and step-mom own this bakery. We Thugs..=)

____ANGEL BABy_________

• Denise G said:

I think this bakery has the best pan dulce in town. I am from Guanajuato, Mexico, and when I arriving to Durham had been looking for good pan dulce that reminded me of “home”. Definitely they have the “good stuff”, I strongly recommend the “polvorones” (mexican cookie).