Home » Gas Stations, Restaurants

Best Banana Pudding…?

Posted by YAR 4 Apr 2008 8 Comments

I recently found out that I really like banana pudding so I went to Tommy’s Mini-Mart (1832 Cole Mill Road, at an Exxon station) on a tip that they had the best in Durham. Although I don’t think that I’m really discerning enough yet to accurately rank puddings, I liked the low pudding-to-other stuff ratio, but would have preferred slightly less mushy wafers.  Does anyone have any Durham banana pudding suggestions?

• weege said:

I haven’t tried it yet, but Wimpy’s Grill has a nice looking banana pudding. I really wish they had Saturday hours because I never have time to make it over there during the week.

• TSQ75 said:

apparently the big point of contention is whether vanilla or banana pudding is used in the mix…

• Celeste said:

Try Bullock’s, if you haven’t yet. It’s my favorite, although I haven’t exactly done a survey.

• Randy G said:

I ate there today (7/18/09), got the #1 combo. The cheeseburger was excellent, with a real tomato (not cardboard!)slice on it. The fries were fresh out of the fryer, lightly salted AND peppered. This comes with any size fountain drink, all for less than $5.

I’ll need to go back and check the ‘nanner pudding.

• Chuck said:

Without a doubt I’ve had here in Durham in quite some time is Honey’s Truckstop on 85. They serve it with icecream and one serving really was enough for two people.

• Nick said:

Bullock’s is by far the best I have ever had. When I go, I usually get 2 orders- one for before dinner, one for after. Ya, its that good.

• Sweet Daddy’s BBQ | Carpe Jackson said:

[...] never hesitated to eat at a gas station–affiliated establishment, but the sign for Sweet Daddy’s BBQ (4611 Hwy 55 N, Jackson), overshadowed by the Exxon and [...]

• Sean said:

Old post but Bullock’s is some of the worst food I have ever had. I specifically went there for the banana pudding. Based on the pudding and the brisket I promptly threw the takeout menu away, Yuck.