Food for Life Supreme – CLOSED

Posted by YAR 1 Mar 2008 8 Comments

food-for-life-supreme.jpg

It sounds vaguely religious, but I don’t think it is. Apparently it’s related to something called the University of the Art and Logistics of Civilization. It doesn’t really matter; the food is pretty amazing (and pretty cheap). It’s a kind of soul food place, serving sandwiches and burgers and giant platters of different kinds of fried fish that come with such awesome sides as fried carrots and mustard greens. It’s the weird colorful swirly-looking place at 1106 Chapel Hill St, and is take-out only. The place itself, the concept behind it, and the food are all fascinatingly and weirdly unique. Kind of bizarre, but only in the best and most delicious way.

• Nautical Bacon « Carpe Durham said:

[...] I just noticed that the BLT at Food for Life Supreme is made with “nautical bacon,” which is salmon.  I had already ordered my food when I [...]

• Another shameless plug for Caribbean Taste « Carpe Durham said:

[...] shameless plug for Caribbean Taste Unlike the other (way better) niche chain restaurants in Durham, Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery works under the hierarchy of hats. Having worked at [...]

• Kelsey said:

Just ate their today. Had their portabella mushroom burger and hush puppies.Their hush puppies were nothing special, but weren’t really greasy so it was good in that sense. Would definitely eat them again no problem. The burger was good.I definitely will be going back.

• William said:

I was just riding by and noticed this colorful building. So I decided to stop by and boy am I glad I did. I had the portabella mushroom burger very good and I will be returning soon!!!

• peanutbutter said:

Today’s Groupon is for Food for Life Supreme. Yum!

• Web Surfer said:

YUM-YUM, FOOD FOR LIFE SUPREME IS THE PLACE, LOVE THE FOOD, they make everything to order so its time well spent!!!!!
    5 stars.

• Toni Majors said:

- Recently I visited a really fabulous restaurant called Food For Life Supreme. I had the Cuban burger, which is a grilled salmon fillet w/ banana peppers, pickles, cheese, a sweet &
    tangy sauce, served on a fresh wheat bun which they make themselves on site(the aroma fills the air). I had my favorite, Carrot Fries, and for dessert decided on chocolate cake & a hot beverage called biocoffee. UMMM…completely satisfying!

They have restaurant locations around the country-Atlanta,
    New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Maryland, North Carolina. You can check out the specifics & even view menus by going on line to FoodForLifeSupreme.com. There’s a bakery in CT as well.
    If you’re ever in a Food For Life Supreme town, I highly
    recommend you make it a point to visit.

• Kid Stardust said:

The Guess Road location appears to be shuttered. The FLS chain’s website now redirects to a site for Food for Life Supreme Bio Coffee, which lists the coffee as being available at, among other locations…Food for Life Supreme on Chapel Hill Street in Durham. Did they move back to their old location, or is the mother ship that out of touch with its satellites?